Akira 12, our ready-made stop motion armature at scale 1:6 equivalent to 12in / 305mm.
This great armature is packed with lots of fantastic features. Engineered in different grades of stainless steel and coated mild steel to avoid galling yet with magnetic properties, it provides a strong and resistant structure as an armature for your character.
Akira 12 comes with 8 rigging points, hinged knees, easy replacement hands mechanism, 4 tie down points, increased neck mobility range and many more great features! This armature will give you the performance and quality you need and it’s ideal whether you’re an amateur or you’re on the professional side.
Please note that this stop motion armature is NOT intended as a toy.
- Lighter than previous models.
- Heavy-duty femur, tibia and spine.
- 21 joints + 2 wrists including shoulders and toes.
- Unique joint at the base of the neck for more tilting side to side.
- Hinged knees for more natural movements.
- 4 tie down points.
- All plates are made of specially designed type steel that:
- Gives magnetic properties to feet and hands
- Reduced galling
- Antirust for high durability
- 8 Rigging points of two different types:
- 5 x 1/8in square tube, easily secured with a grub/set screw.
- 3 x M3 threaded holes.
- One of the M3 rigging points on the pelvic area can also be used to fit a tail if your character is of feline characteristics (tail not included).
- Easy replacement hands mechanism secured with a grub/set screw.
- Robust single joint capable to withstand the armature’s own offset weight.
- Ready to receive head on square tube neck.
- Where needed, it’s been silver soldered, so you know it’s a strong connection that will last.
- Small joints for fewer restraints on puppet design.
- More accurate human geometry on bending points for better and more natural look.
- Fully compatible with our Akira 101 Blank Head.
The box includes
- Akira 12 – already assembled stop motion armature 12in / 305mm – scale 1:6.
- 2 Tie downs.
- 2 Hex keys.
- Wire for you to make your own wire hands (check our tutorial here).