Here’s Ben, our stop motion armature kit for you to assemble and customise to your own character design.
It has been designed to be as big as a humanoid size of 12in (30cm) (scale male 1:6) but there are many other combinations that you can achieve with the parts: from male/female scale 1:8 and male/female scale 1:6 to other animal creatures in your imagination.
This fantastic armature is packed with great features. Engineered in different grades of stainless steel to avoid galling yet with magnetic properties, it provides a strong and resistant structure as an armature for your character. With 8 rigging points, hinged knees and elbows, easy replacement hands and 4 tie down points, you know this armature will give you the performance and quality you need. Ben is ideal whether you’re an amateur or you’re on the professional side.
We include Threaded Lollies of different lengths to help with your different designs and reduce the amount of gluing / brazing / soldering on the assembly.
Please note that this stop motion armature kit has been designed to be assembled by a capable adult. This stop motion armature is NOT intended as a toy.
- Fully scalable feet, ankles, legs, hips, spine, arms and neck.
- 20 joints + 2 wrists including shoulders and toes.
- Hinged knees and elbows for more natural movements.
- 4 tie down points.
- All plates are made of a special stainless steel alloy that:
- Gives magnetic properties to feet and hands
- Reduces galling against balls and threaded lollies
- 8 Rigging points of two different types:
- 5 x 1/8in square tube, easily secured with a grub/set screw.
- 3 x M3 threaded holes.
- One of the M3 rigging points on the pelvic area can also be used to fit a tail! (Tail not included).
- Easy replacement hands secured with a grub/set screw.
- Robust single joint capable to withstand the armature’s own offset weight.
- Different lengths of threaded lollies (ball head screws)
- Small joints for fewer restraints on puppet design.
- All components are antirust as they’re made of stainless steel.
The kit includes
- All parts needed to build a humanoid armature, including joints, threaded lollies, threaded rod, stainless steel ball, brass and fasteners.
- 2 Tie downs.
- 2 Hex keys.
- Threadlocker high strength glue.
- Wire (for fingers).
- Manual for humanoid assembly.