Akira 101 Blank Head
Akira 101 Blank Head is a character head specially designed for use in stop motion animation. It facilitates easy face replacements and eyes/eyelids movement. It connects painlessly to armatures using a single screw (included) and it comes with lots of amazing features that will make animating an enjoyable experience.
Akira 101 Blank Head comes with moveable eyes, eyelids (lower and upper), exchangeable ears, easy face replacement – full-face or split into the upper half (eye-brows) and lower half (mouth), hidden magnets to enable easy replacement of eyebrows, mouth, hair, etc. (eyebrows, mouths, hair, etc. not included).
With Akira 101 Blank Head you can have a completely professional stop motion character head ready for animating out of the box or with some extra time and some acrylic colours/clay you can have an amazing head exactly how you like it.
Would you like us to build your very own character’s head using our design of Akira 101 Blank Head? Drop us a line and we’ll aim to give you a quote within 2 working days.
Please note this product is NOT intended as a toy. Adult supervision is required.
- Easy head connexion to armature neck. Insert and tighten the screw. That’s it!
- Compatible with our stop motion armatures: ⅛ “ square brass connexion and M3 rod connexion.
- Simple eye mounting system. Only one screw (included).
- Plug-in eyeball and eyelids, no screws needed.
- 14mm diameter Eye Balls with drilled pupils for easy animation: Full rotation, Pan, Tilt, and Roll 360 degrees range. No limits!
- Posable Eyelids: upper and lower. High range of rotation on Tilt and Roll for increasing facial expressions like sad, angry, observant…
- Eyelids are independent and without contact between eyeball and eyelids movement. The move from one doesn’t interfere (or affect) the other.
- Blank canvas: Paint it and/or Clay it (for oven-baked clays please note a 90°C max temperature). Paint all the parts or shape them with oven-baked clay like Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey firm or air-dry clay such as apoxie sculpt or miliput.
- Ear easy replacement mechanism that can also fit a ⅛ “ square brass connexion and M3 rod (for making extra features, like horns – not included). This mechanism effectively gives you 2 rigging points on the head!
- Posable Eyebrows in multiple positions (easily giving that extra eye-blinking animation touch). There’s no need to sculpt multiple shapes for eyebrows if you don’t want to.
- Hidden and fitted magnet on the mouth area for holding mouth shapes with magnet or steel.
- Face replacement ready using magnets already fitted (magnetic registration).
- Hair replacement ready using magnets already fitted and hidden within the head (compatible with our Akira Scalp Replacement 101 piece – coming soon).
- Compact head with big eyes allows endless shapes customizations.
- Smooth face shape allowing you to reach any form via customisations but you can use as it is as well.
- Mouthless design to allow for multiple lip syncing options: stickers, magnetic mouth shapes, non-drying clay, etc.
- Lightweight but strong plastic construction Nylon PA2200
- No assembly or glue required! Just add your art on it and start animating
- Metal stand and neck joint shown in pictures not included
- Akira 101 Blank Head already assembled, including:
- Skull piece
- 2 eye mounting systems (left and right)
- 4 eyelids (2 upper and 2 lower)
- 2 ears
- 2 plastic eyeballs with drilled pupils
- 1 face replacement (please chose from Male Full Face / Male Split Face / Female Full Face / Female Split Face)
- Allen key
To help you design your character with Akira 101 Blank Head we’ve created a pdf file with the dimensions so you can draw over it. You can download it here: Akira 101 Blank head – drawing sheet
More details, including tips and tutorials on how to customise it, which paints to use, etc. coming real soon…