Tim: Stop motion armature kit
We’d like to talk a little about our stop motion armature kit Tim, offering outstanding value for money as it’s packed with many incredible features such as 4 tie down points and 8 rigging points no less and being a stop motion armature kit, you can assemble and customise it to your own character design.
Designed with those on a budget or moving up from wire armatures in mind, this stop motion armature kit benefits from a high quality and specially sourced stainless steel alloy that has magnetic properties yet reduces galling against balls and threaded lollies. This is particularly important as you want your armature to retain a smooth movement for the longest period as possible and to top it up, we include threaded Lollies of different lengths to help with your different designs and reduce the amount of gluing / brazing / soldering on the assembly.
It has been designed to be as big as a humanoid size of 12in (30cm) (scale male 1:6) but there are many other combinations that you could make with the parts: from male/female scale 1:8 and male/female scale 1:6 to other animal creatures in your imagination.
Here are the key features of this armature:
- Fully scalable legs, hips, spine, arms and neck.
- 18 joints including shoulders and toes.
- 4 tie down points.
- All plates are made of a special stainless steel alloy that:
- Gives magnetic properties to feet and hands
- Reduces galling against balls and threaded lollies
- 8 Rigging points of two different types:
- 5 x 1/8in square tube, easily secured with a grub/set screw.
- 3 x M3 threaded holes.
- One of the M3 rigging points on the pelvic area can also be used to fit a tail! (Tail not included).
- Different lengths of threaded lollies made of stainless steel 304L that reduce the need for gluing / brazing / soldering to a minimum.
- Small joints for fewer restraints on puppet design, particularly at the ankles.
- All components are antirust as they are made of stainless steel.
- 2 shoulder lengths included so you can choose what works best for you.
The kit includes:
- All parts needed to build a humanoid armature, including joints, threaded lollies and fasteners.
- 2 Tie downs.
- 2 Hex keys.
- Threadlocker high strength glue.
- Manual for humanoid assembly.
And although the armature comes without hands, making them isn’t complicated and here’s a tutorial on How to make wire hands and attach them to one of our armatures.
Got any questions? Contact us.